Thursday 4 July 2013

June: New Arrivals


Wow, this month totally flew by. June was amazing and it was a great start to summer. I had the chance to catch up with a lot of old friends, embark on a few road trips and of course, shop! It's sale season after all, and I've scored amazing deals at some of my favourite stores this month. Especially at aritzia's summer sale, J. Crew's 30% off and VS's semi-annual.



Wallet - Michael Kors
Starting off, I received a gorgeous new wallet from my best friend Emily. It came as a total surprise and I was beyond grateful for her to get me such an amazing gift for grad. The black leather and golden details are classic and matches almost every outfit. It's perfect for all the travelling I'll be doing in the upcoming months and I can't wait to put it to use. Love, love love!

Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs


So this MBMJ Clearly Top-Handle cross-body is one of the best deals I got this month. I went on a hunt for the black and white version at various Aritzia locations throughout Toronto. I finally found it while on a trip to a small city couple of hours away. On top of that, I managed to get it at a two thirds of the original price at their summer sale. The unique look had me lusting for it since it came out with the S/S collection. I love how the see-through section makes a statement but it also has a zippered centre and hidden compartment in the back so it's functional as well. It's hands down my go-to bag for the summer!
Sandals - Aldo

Swimsuit - Victoria's Secret


Crewneck - Victoria's Secret


Of course, I had to get some basic sandals for my vacation. The ones I bought have lots of sparkly details and can be dressed up or down. When it's hot, I usually live in birkenstocks and simple T-straps. Then I dropped by the VS semi annual sale, and it was literally a zoo in there. The lines for the change rooms and cashiers were miles long. So I just picked up a few standard sized items and avoided trying anything on. I got one of the cute flouncy bikini tops that have become super popular lately and it has a laser cut floral pattern all across the ruffles. Also, I found a sassy crew neck that fits my sense of humour perfectly.
Pants - Aritzia

Cardigan - Aritzia


Then I got a pair of forest green trousers that are the perfect length for me and fit like a glove. It's always difficult to find good quality pants that cater to my lack of height. I also picked up a slouchy cardigan, which has been on my to-buy list for several months now. It can be styled all year round and is great for cool summer nights. I've been wearing it non-stop, totally addicted.


Crop Tops - Brandy Melville

Pants - J. Crew


Shirt - J. Crew


Shorts - J. Crew
Towards the end of the month, I found a drop back sweater at H&M and got a few crop tops from Brandy. Can we just take a moment and reminisce the perfection that is Mean Girls? It's been one of my favourite movies since I was a kid and when I saw the boo you whore shirt online, I knew i had to have it in my life.

Finally, I got my first pair of mint pants and they are an unique eyelet material that's great for days you want to look girly without wearing a dress. The structured navy striped shirt was featured in my last outfit post and has neon tribal embroidery that gives the classic piece an edge. As for the neon shorts, it's a summer staple and the 3" inseam makes it more appropriate for a wide variety of occasions.

So these are most of my fashion finds for the month of June. What are your must-haves for the summer? Comment below and let me know! 

Cheers,
J







3 comments:

  1. Oh God! You're so lucky to get that MBMJ Bags! I've been keeping my eyes on it since i saw it on runway too! :D can't wait to see you style these lovely pieces you just bought :)

    -Aini

    http://ainihapsari.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a unique bag! I literally went everywhere to find it. But it was so worth it because I got a great deal :)
      Thanks for reading girl!

      Delete
  2. HI Joanna,

    You have quite a collection...


    I would like to invite you to enter this wonderful International Giveaway by PersunMall. The most exciting part is that, every participant gets 20% off on $60 and above. So you do not lose anything. Just win. :)
    http://chic-ilicious.blogspot.in/2013/07/persunmall-international-giveaway.html

    Love,
    Kavita.

    ReplyDelete