Sunday 17 February 2013

Styling: Disco Pants


Sweater - H&M
Scarf - Aritzia
Disco Pants - American Apparel
Loafers - Zara
Ring - Ebay


One of my all time favourite purchases this season is my beloved disco pants. I was eyeing them for months before finally succumbing to my perpetual need for more high-waisted pieces. They're made from a thick nylon material with a beautiful sheen and come in a variety of colours. The pockets and zipper detailing provide the functionality of pants with the comfort of leggings. It's a perfect match with anything cropped.

I strongly advocate that LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS.








Disco pants are beyond versatile. They can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. This is a more casual outfit for everyday wear. During the colder months, I'm a complete neutrals girl. So of course there has to be creams, grey and beige. I threw on a cropped knit sweater that perfectly hits mid-waist. One fashion principle I like to follow is contrasting structure. Formfitting pieces are almost always paired with looser counterparts to create a well-balanced outfit. Then over top, I styled it with my favourite square wool scarf. (It's ridiculously humongous and makes me feel way too short.) As for shoes, I slipped on a pair of camouflage loafers with golden detailing along the front. It adds a little sparkle to a otherwise lacklustre colour scheme. Finally, the jewelry was very minimal, with only one triangular gold ring.

It seems that these 70s inspired pants are a closet staple for many people. I must admit, they are one of the most worn pieces of mine as well. They are definitely worth it, especially if you tend to steer away from jeans. It's a great alternative to the restrictions of denim. Highly highly highly recommended for anyone interested to go to American Apparel and give them a try.

Cheers,
J

3 comments:

  1. Lovely disco pants - I've been wanting to get some for ages, so it's good to know that they're comfy and versatile as well as looking great!
    Amazing shoes and jumper too :)

    Emily x

    http://emiliciastyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      They're totally worth it and you'll find yourself wearing them all the time!

      Delete