Monday 29 October 2012

Health & Beauty; Health vs. Beauty



I've been trying to learn the basics of photoshop for the past few weeks and found that it's way more difficult than it looks(which leads to my new found admiration for graphic design). This is one of the new ways I'm trying to branch out from traditional art that I've been doing all my life. As you can see, there's definitely room for improvement, but everyone has to start somewhere.

The face chart is actually inspired by the topic of chemicals in cosmetics, which is a part of my world issues assignment. To me, makeup has always been a hobby and another form of art. But I've never really stopped to consider the possible side effects of the products I use everyday. Like most girls my age, I collect cosmetics like it's my full-time job. After a few classes on the topic, I went over a lot of ingredient lists and turns out my bathroom is a chemical wasteland(non-literal). From bronzers to conditioner, everything is full of parabens, lead, and petrolatum. 

Here's where it gets hypocritical, even though I'm promoting awareness, I'm not necessarily against makeup. Sure, I'll be more careful next time I pick up a new mascara, but it doesn't mean I'll be going without. In my opinion, everyone should be well informed on the impacts of their choices, but should ultimately do what makes them happy. As for me, I'm perfectly content with my cosmetics(in reasonable amounts of course)

What's your stance?

Cheers,
J




5 comments:

  1. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.
    ultra hair away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! Salt lamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. those who have uterine fibroids have one goal in mind and that is to get rid of them for good. Of course, with the advancements in technology fibroid natural treatment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracefully written information on this blog are going to support me for my coming assignments. Every point was very clear and taught me few new parameters. I would like to use this information in coming future.
    therapeut haarlem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and my team was in search of a rarely found platform which can help us for our new assignment. We are writers and its been a long time we are in this writing field. So we would appreciate help of this blog.
    verloskundige amsterdam oost

    ReplyDelete